Don't do this to me

Ok, I think my heart may officially be broken. Randy has completely let me down and failed to deliver on the one tiny little thing I asked for for my birthday, and now I find out that Kinky Florist wants the Villa job!


From the very beginning of the speculation around who would replace Gerard Houllier I have been adamant that Quique Sanchez Flores was the man for me; singing his praises to anyone that'd listen and plenty who didn't really want to. Then just as it seems that McLeish's appointment is all but done and dusted, Quique's desire for the post is published in an article in The Mirror.


Quique is reported to have told agents involved that he would jump at the opportunity and bring former Liverpool assistant Pako Ayestaran with him, well there's your Premiership experience right there. In fact Ayestaran is believed by many to have been the driving force behind Benitez's success at Liverpool.

He would also be prepared to work within a modest budget, which also seems to be a pre-requisite of the appointment, reported as saying that despite the imminent loss of Young and possible loss of Downing he would only need to make "two or three changes" in order to replicate what is now regarded as the highly respectable 6th place finish that we've been used to before this season.

He is a highly successful, young, ambitious manager. He plays beautiful flowing football. He is an excellent man-manager (we're ignoring Forlan) and Pako has Premier League experience. He fits all the criteria.

His friend is quoted as saying "Quique wants the job and wants to come to England. He feels that he and Pako would make a really good team at a club with great potential and is not fussed about where he will have been on their initial preference list." Well he was always top of my list and if he wants the job that badly Randy, just give it to him. Afterall, you do owe me a birthday present.

1 Response to "Don't do this to me"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Nice article. I really couldn't agree more. But I think I have sussed it. I really think that Randy has realised that it is going to take a lot of money to take us forward, and he simply doesn't see the benefits of a return. So what I am basically saying is he wants to just go for the cheapest option. I really think it will be detrimental to the club though, tickets sales will fall, revenue will fall meaning we can't spend as much on players (Uefa Financial Fair Play). Plus a benefit of Quique is that he, as someone quite rightly said on talkSPORT last night, is handsome and it sounds weird to write this but more accepted by the fans.

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme